Tuesday, December 4, 2007

191 Lbs....

....I stepped on the scale this morning and I was MORTIFIED! How did I get so big?! How did I eat away at my 40 pound weight loss that I worked so hard for just 6 months ago?! Why am I only about 30 lbs less than my boyfriend?! Sigh....Me and My Weight.

I've never been a skinny girl. I remember waaay back in the day wanting to DESPERATELY wear this floral print short set (yes, I said short set), it was full of lovely shades of pink, and it tied at the waist....yummy! I would sport it with my best pair of skippies, and matching barrettes...HOT!! My mother advised me otherwise...."ummmm, about that....that little pudge will NOT be cute!"

Since then I've encountered countless weight highs and lows.....all of which I plan on sharing with you. I'm 23 years old now. I graduated from college a little over a year ago, I have an "excellent" job in corporate America, I drive a decent car, etc. Seemingly, my life is in great shape. Unfortunately, my body is NOT! My weight has seen an all time high this past year. I've seriously lost, then gained the same 40 pounds TWICE in the last year....Recently, 've gained it all back again and then some!

So, this leads me here. I'm tired of being a slave to my weight. I'm tired of being a label whore, with the funds to indulge in my passion, only to not be able to fit anything! I'm tired of people asking me if I'm pregnant. It's getting cold in the Northeast, why can I not button gorgeous coats that I could easily fit into just last year?!

We all know that sometimes weight isn't as simple as "eat healthy and exercise". Yes, that is the only HEALTHY way to lose weight. But, sometimes there are underlying issues. I think I may be an emotional eater, I think I'm stressed, overworked, maybe some self-esteem issues---who knows?! But, we'll figure it out---or try. What I want to come out of this is not "fast, easy fixes" but "long term, healthy lifestyle changes". I encourage any and everyone out there who is struggling with their weight, be it 5 lbs, 20 lbs, or 100 lbs, to join me. I promise to be as honest as possible (and if you feel like I'm not, then I want you to call me out). I will give you the good, the bad, and the ugly! So, is there anyone out there with me?! :)

P.S...I will figure out a way to post pics up so we can track my weight loss (or forbid, gains) AND I know my blog looks way crappy right now, so if anyone out there (or if you know of anyone) who can help me spruce up my page, PLEASE let me know!

I look forward to this journey!

No comments: